Friday, March 1, 2013

The Everyday Project: Day 22

I am trying so hard to find the beauty in a long winter. I am not a winter person. I just long for warm weather and healthy kids. I can't wait to see the first little signs of spring popping up around my farm place. However, all that being said, there is absolute beauty to be found in the dead of winter. Fresh snow falling and frozen fog on the trees. Snow days snuggled up with your kiddos (and maybe a few extras) with hot cocoa and a good flick. Just a few good redeeming qualities about a Minnesota winter. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. And, I was over on Gretchen's blog a moment ago where I saw your winter photos, like The Sentinel ... beautiful.
    Dead of winter in Central Texas is pretty D-E-A-D. Sometimes it's harsh looking - we don't get the snow but once in a very blue moon and lately, we don't even have ice storms like we use to have -so it just looks brown and dead (like the drought laden summers can look lately). So, it's good to find good things in the dead of winter or even summer. One thing I'm thankful about is that God never changes and He is faithful. That's something I can very well count on.
    Enjoyed visiting and thinking out loud. Thanks. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! We have had a few winters like that. Last year was one of them. It was just brown the entire winter. Very dreary. At least the snow does lighten things up considerably. It just makes driving around and other average daily activities very complicated. During the middle of summer when it is about 95 degrees and the humidity is at 100%, I try really hard not to complain. I do this because of how much I dislike the winter. I love to be warm. My feet and hands get cold in about November and don't warm up until about April. ;-) I am trying really hard to appreciate where I live. We are blessed in Minnesota because we do get to experience all the seasons and they are all beautiful in there own ways. :-D

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover